My name is Reggie Holmes and I am a native of Maury County. I attended Highland Park Elementary, Whitthorne Junior High School, and graduated from Central High School. I received a Bachelor's degree in Education from MTSU and a Masters in Education Administration from Trevecca. This is my fifth year serving as Principal at Riverside.
I enjoy spending time with my wife and daughter. We have a crazy chihuahua named Sassy. I also enjoy football and basketball and I am a huge Titans fan.
I feel rewarded every day by spending time in classrooms learning with teachers and students. I believe the school climate is critical to the success of a school.
Mission & Vision
Mission: GYM - Growing Young Minds
Vision: Educating Youth for a Brighter Tomorrow
- ELA - All students reading on level by the time they leave 3rd grade
- Math - All students meeting math benchmarks by the end of 4th grade
- Social/Emotional - Promote social and emotional well-being
- Transformational Leadership
- Focus on Data and Results
- Create collaborative environments
- Encourage participation of all stakeholders (parents, students, community)
Title I Riverside
Riverside Elementary sits along the banks of the Duck River in Columbia, Tennessee. We serve over 400 Pre-Kindergarten through fourth-grade students.Our HistoryRiverside Elementary School has served the Riverside neighborhood since 1932. Originally, our school grounds hosted Mule Day events, and now our historic school rests aside beautiful Riverwalk Park which hosts the Mule Kick 5K and the Farmer's Fresh Market.Original Building destroyed by the '48 FloodRiverside kids participating in Mule Day 1932!